Segovia is located on the plains of Old Castile, near Valladolid and the Spanish capital, Madrid. Segovia is one of nine provinces that make up the autonomous region of Castile and León. Burgos and Valladolid lie to the north, Ávila to the west, Madrid to the south, and Soria to the east.
It is possible to make a day trip from Madrid by train then a bus in Segovia. Train journey only take about 30 min by Renfe Avant AVE train which cost you €13.90 one-way. But its cheaper if you buy return tickets which cost you total €22.20 return. It’s the very best and easiest way to reach the city. Trains from Madrid to Segovia depart from Chamartin train station at least once per hour every day of the week and arrive in Segovia at the Guiomar Station, which is relatively far from the most popular tourist destinations.
Once you arrives, hop on the bus no#11, fare about €2. The bus is coordinated with the arrival of the train. After 20 minutes travel, the bus will drop you off directly in front of the aqueduct. The bus will turns around to head back to the train station.
– Aqueduct Of Segovia
– Alcazar De Segovia – entrance fee is €3.50 p.p.
– Cathedral De Segovia
– Church of Vera Cruz – this place you need to walk a bit further to reach. I viewed from the Alcazar De Segovia.
Spend your day here is worth the trip from Madrid. But if you prefer to stay overnight in Segovia, here I listed down some recommendation for you;
- Hotel Infanta Isabel – Per night RM300++ for Double or Twin room. Rating 8.9 Fabulous
- Hotel Don Felipe – Per night RM400++ for Twin room. Rating 9.2 Superb
- Hospedaje La Judería – Per night from RM300++ for Twin Room. Rating 8.6 Fabulous