Besides Japan and South Korea, you actually can experience the cherry blossom paradise in Taiwan. I’ve been to this specific spot in Alishan, Chiayi for 3 days. We’ve stayed at Cing shan Hotel located in Alishan Township.
Planning for Taiwan cherry blossom trip? Here, the forecast and viewing spot around Taiwan.
📌 Wuling Farm, Taichung (10 January to 27 February)
- Expected full bloom: January 25
- Other viewing spots: Peach Garden, Wuling Road, Tea Garden Trail
📌 Yangmingshan National Park, Taipei (20 February to 20 March)
- Expected full bloom: 24 February
📌 Alishan, Chiayi (1 March to 1 April)
- Expected full bloom: March 15
- Other viewing spots: Alishan Forest Railway, Alishan Magnolia Garden.
📌 Wulai Waterfalls, New Taipei (22 January to 5 February)
- Expected full bloom: January 28
📌 Tianyuan Temple, New Taipei (10 March to 30 March)
- Expected full bloom: March 14
📌 Formosan Aboriginal Culture Village, Taichung (25 February to 15 March)
📌 Chiang Kai Shek Memorial Hall, Taipei (10 February to 10 March)
- Expected full bloom: 21 February
📌 Sun Moon Lake Ropeway, Nantou (5 March to 20 March)
- Expected full bloom: 7 March
Alishan, Chiayi is the best spot in Taiwan. How to get there?
1. Take High speed train (THSR) from Taipei to Chiayi Station, approximately 1 hour 43min. Early train can get 20% discount or check their website for deals. Click here for THSR website.
2. Then take bus from Chiayi station direct to Alishan Township. Journey about 2 hours. Bus leave every 20 min
Here, are recommended stay in surround Alishan;
- Cing Shan Hotel, Alishan Township, Chiayi County
- Mei Li Ya Villa, Alishan Township, Chiayi County
- Gau Shan Ching Hotel, Alishan Township, Chiayi County
- Wankou Hotel, Alishan
- Alishan Shermuh Hotel, Alishan
- Dafong Hotel, Alishan
- Alishan Youth Activity Center, Xianglin